Close a Highway (Street)

Apply to close a street

Anyone can apply to close a municipal street using the form provided. The application must be signed and returned to the Operations Supervisor's attention.

The form can be dropped off at the municipal office, faxed or emailed to the addresses noted at the top of the form. There may be other advertising requirements associated with the closing of a municipal highway so be sure to apply well in advance of your intended event date.

Use the form linked below to apply!

Fun Fact:

Municipal streets are considered highways, so when applying to close a street you may see references to 'closing a highway'.

If you would like to close a provincial highway you'll need to contact the Ministry of Transportation.

Scroll to top